In a press release, the President of Madeira, Miguel Albuquerque stated that during the next two weekends (9th – 10th and the 16th – 17th) the curfew will be brought forward from 11 pm to 6 pm. This means that no one, is allowed to be on a public road between 6 pm – 5am, unless any of the below exceptions apply.
Furthermore, all supermarkets, bars and restaurants will close at 5 pm, and takeaway and home delivery services will be subject to the same rules, so order early!
The exceptions detailed on the 4th of January remain the same. These are:-
– Professional travel, as attested by a declaration;
-Health professionals and other workers from health and social support institutions;
– Civil protection agents, military personnel, inspectors from the Regional Economic Activities Authority (ARAE) and security forces;
– Religious Ministers;
– Diplomatic and Consular staff;
– Travel for health reasons;
– Emergency reception of victims of domestic violence or human trafficking;
– Assistance to vulnerable people or people with disabilities;
– Fulfillment of parental responsibilities;
– Urgent medical-veterinary assistance;
– Exercise of freedom of the press;
– Dog/pet walking albeit short;
– Homecoming within the scope of admitted travel; – travel to the airport for passengers to board and disembark;
– Travel by public transport, taxis and TVDE, within the scope of the exceptions allowed in this paragraph;
– Other reasons of force majeure, provided that it can be shown that they cannot be postponed and that they are justified.
info at madeira-weekly.com