The Funchal Municipality (CMF), announced today the Madeira Wine Rally road changes and closures between the 2nd and 6th of August.
AUGUST 2nd (TUESDAY) – RECOGNITION – CHÃO DA LAGOA
Between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm, road traffic on the Chão da Lagoa Forestry Road will only be carried out in an upward direction.
AUGUST 3rd (WEDNESDAY) – RECOGNITION – AVENIDA DO MAR
2.1. TRAFFIC INTERRUPTIONS
Between 9:00 pm and 11:30 pm, road traffic is interrupted on Avenida Calouste Gulbenkian, south of the Rotunda dos Fogo Sapadores do Funchal, Túnel Dr. Sá Carneiro, Rotunda Dr. Sá Carneiro, Avenida Dr. Sá Carneiro, Avenida do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses, Avenida Arriaga south, Rua do Conselheiro José Silvestre Ribeiro south of Avenida Arriaga, Rua Cónego Jerónimo Dias Leite, Largo dos Varadouros, Praça da Autonomia, Rua 5 de Outubro and Rua 31 de Janeiro south of Ponte do Bettencourt, Rua do Visconde de Anadia and Rua Brigadeiro Oudinot south of Ponte do Mercado, Rua dos Prophets, Rua da Casa da Luz, Rua D. Carlos I west of Rua dos Barreiros, Rua Artur de Sousa “Pinga” and Rua José da Silva “Saca”.
2.2. TRAFFIC CONDITIONS
Between 9:00 pm and 11:30 pm, road traffic is restricted:
• On Rua 5 de Outubro to the south of Ponte do Bom Jesus and on Rua Visconde do Anadia to the south of Rua João de Deus, except for local access and public transport;
• At Rua Carvalho Araújo, Harvey Foster Roundabout and access tunnel to the Port of Funchal, except access to the Port of Funchal, hotels and residents;
• Rua dos Tanoeiros will run in the opposite direction towards Ponte do Bettencourt.
2.3. PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Between 9:00 pm and 11:30 pm:
• The west side routes run to Rotunda do Infante or Rua Dr. Brito Câmara, resuming the return trips on Avenida do Infante (Escola Cristóvão Colombo) or Rua Dr. Brito Câmara (La Vie stop). The Rodoeste routes can choose to terminate at the Parque de Santa Catarina stop or use Via 25 de Abril to the Campo da Barca terminal and vice versa;
• The routes in the north run up to Rua 5 de Outubro, making a U-turn at Ponte Nau Sem Rumo, and may terminate along Rua 31 de Janeiro;
• The routes in the east run on Rua do Visconde de Anadia, making a u-turn at Ponte do Mercado, towards Rua do Hospital Velho, Rua do Oudinot or Rua da Infância, and may terminate at the stop next to CC Anadia, Rua do Oudinot or Rua da Infância. As for the SAM routes, they can stop at CC Anadia for the entry and exit of passengers and travel along Via 25 de Abril to the Building 2000 terminal. Viscount of Anadia (stop next to CC Anadia).
Between 9:00 pm and 11:30 pm, the taxi ranks located at Avenida do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses, Largo dos Varadouros, Rua José da Silva “Saca”, Rua da Casa da Luz and Rua Jerónimo Dias Leite are deactivated.
2.5. PARKING ON PUBLIC ROADS AND CAR PARKS
Between 2:00 pm and 11:30 pm, the following is prohibited:
• Parking at the parking docks on Avenida Dr. Sá Carneiro, Avenida do Mar and Madeiran Communities, Rua Artur Sousa “Pinga” and Rua José da Silva “Saca”;
• Access to the car parks at Almirante Reis, Edifício Marina Shopping, Galerias São Lourenço, São João (2000) and Praça CR7.
2.6. HIGHWAY ALTERNATIVES
Drivers should choose to drive on Via 25 de Abril. Vehicles traveling on Rua João de Deus, Rua do Bom Jesus or Rua 5 de Outubro will be directed to Avenida Arriaga, towards Avenida do Infante or Rua Dr. Brito Camera.
AUGUST 4TH (THURSDAY)
3.1. PARQUE CLOSED – PRAÇA DO MUNICÍPIO
• Between 00:00 on the 4th of August and 21:00 on the 6th of August, road traffic and parking are interrupted on the street west and south of Praça do Município and on Rua do Padre Gonçalves da Câmara , except for vehicles assigned to the event;
• During the passage of competitors, road traffic will be occasionally interrupted or restricted in the streets connecting Praça do Município.
3.2. ASSISTANCE PARK – AVENIDA DR. SÁ CARNEIRO
Between 11:00 am on August 4th and 7:00 pm on August 6th:
• Road traffic is interrupted and parking is prohibited on Avenida Dr. Sá Carneiro;
• Car traffic will be restricted on Rua Carvalho Araújo and Túnel da Pontinha, except for access to vehicles assigned to the event, hotels and the Port of Funchal;
• Access to and exit from the Praça CR7 car park is conditioned;
• The Avenida Dr. Sá Carneiro is deactivated.
3.3. 1st PEC – AVENIDA DO MAR
3.3.1. TRAFFIC INTERRUPTIONS
Between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm, road traffic is interrupted on the streets already mentioned in Point 2.1. exit Rua das Maravilhas towards Rua de São João and Rua dos Ferreiros, a segment between Largo Severiano Ferraz and Rua Marquês do Funchal.
3.3.2. TRAFFIC CONDITIONS
Between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm, road traffic on the streets already referred to in Point 2.2. Ilhéus and the circulation on Rua Francisco Franco “Escultor”, which will allow circulation in both directions to access the reserved parking spaces.
3.3.3. PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm, the changes described in point 2.3 are maintained.
Between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm, the changes described in point 2.4. are maintained, adding the deactivation of the taxi ranks in Praça do Município and Rua dos Ferreiros.
3.5. PARKING ON PUBLIC ROADS AND CAR PARKS
Between 1:00 pm and 9:00 pm, the prohibitions in point 2.5. together with EEM
3.6. ROAD ALTERNATIVES
Between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm:
• The alternatives described in point 2.6. are maintained, adding that vehicles traveling on Rua de São João will be directed to Calçada da Cabouqueira towards Rua dos Ilhéus;
• Vehicles traveling on Rua das Maravilhas will not be able to access Rua de São João, in both directions, it is only possible to drive towards Largo Severiano Ferraz or towards Rotunda Francisco Santana (Hospital). Going down Rua das Maravilhas it is possible to access Rua dos Ilhéus, but access to Calçada da Cabouqueira will not be allowed;
• Vehicles traveling on Rua de São João will be directed to Calçada da Cabouqueira, traveling in the opposite direction towards Rua dos Ilhéus;
• Vehicles traveling on Rua do Jasmineiro will be directed to Rua dos Ilhéus.
AUGUST 5th (FRIDAY) – 3rd, 5th PEC – PALHEIRO FERREIRO
From 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, traffic is interrupted on the Chão da Lagoa Forestry Road, Terreiro da Luta, Caminho dos Pretos, Curral dos Romeiros, Caminho do Meio, Roundabout Dr. Nélio Mendonça, Caminho das Voltas, on the northern section of Rua do Pomar, Travessa do Campo do Pomar, São João Latrão and Palheiro Ferreiro (access to the hotel, residents and car parks being ensured).
AUGUST 6th (SATURDAY) – ARRIVAL PODIUM
5.1. TRAFFIC INTERRUPTIONS
Between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm, road traffic is interrupted on Avenida Arriaga (south lane), Rua Conselheiro José Silvestre Ribeiro south of Av. Arriaga and south roads of Avenida do Mar and Comunidades Madeirenses, west-east, between Rotunda Dr. Sá Carneiro and Praça da Autonomia, maintaining normal circulation at roundabouts and on the northern roads.
5.2. PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Between 16:00 and 19:00, the west side routes run to Rotunda do Infante or Rua Dr. Brito Câmara, resuming the return trips on Avenida do Infante (Escola Cristóvão Colombo) or Rua Dr. Brito Câmara (La Vie stop). The Rodoeste routes can choose to terminate at the Parque de Santa Catarina stop or use the Via 25 de Abril to the Campo da Barca terminal and vice versa.
5.3. PARKING ON THE PUBLIC ROAD AND CAR PARKS
Between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm, parking is prohibited at the parking docks of Avenida do Mar and Comunidades Madeirenses, and the car parks of Galerias de S. Lourenço and Marina Shopping will be closed between at 4 pm and 7 pm.
5.4. HIGHWAY ALTERNATIVES
Via 25 de Abril, Avenida do Infante and Avenida do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses should be used east-west.
info at madeira-weekly.com