Press "Enter" to skip to content

Short Circuit Causes Explosion in Santa Cruz


A short circuit in a house in Santa Cruz last night caused two gas bottles to explode injuring the two women living in the house (a mother and daughter aged 90 and 60 respectively), while Santa Cruz City Council representative, Dúlio Freitas, who went to investigate the incident later this morning, also suffered minor injuries and was forced to seek medical treatment.

The two women were initially treated by the Regional Civil Protection Service –  Pre-hospital Emergency Unit (EMIR), and then quickly transported to hospital by the Portuguese Red Cross.  The younger woman suffered serious injuries, but her prognosis is good.  


Samantha Gannon

info at

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.
Madeira Weekly