The Funchal City Council (CMF), have confirmed the following Flower Festival road changes.
1.1. Wall of Hope
Between 08:30 and 14:00, road traffic is interrupted in the street that surrounds Praça do Município and Rua do Padre Gonçalves da Câmara. Parking on these streets is prohibited between 7:00 am and 2:00 pm.
1.2. Assembly of Tribunes
Between 1:00 pm on May 7th and 11:59 pm on May 8th, road traffic is interrupted in the east-west direction of Avenida Sá Carneiro, except for vehicles assigned to the event.
2. Sunday 8th of May – Flower Festival Float Parade
2.1. Temporary Road Circulation
· Between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm, road traffic is interrupted at Avenida do Mar and Comunidades Madeirenses, on the section between Praça da Autonomia and Rua José da Silva Saca, with the exception of access to the car park and public transport which can circulate until 2:30 pm;
· Between 2:30 pm and 9:00 pm, road traffic is interrupted at Avenida do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses, Praça da Autonomia, Rua Visconde do Anadia south of Ponte do Mercado, Rua 5 de Outubro south of Ponte do Bettencourt, Largo dos Varadouros, Avenida Arriaga (south), Rua do Conselheiro José Silvestre Ribeiro south of Avenida Arriaga, Avenida Calouste Gulbenkian south of the Rotunda do 2000, except access to parks and Avenida do Infante, Avenida Sá Carneiro, Rotunda and Túnel Sá Ram;
· Between 2:30 pm and 9:00 pm, traffic on Rua dos Tanoeiros will be carried out in the opposite direction, towards Ponte do Bettencourt;
· Between 2:30 pm and 9:00 pm, road traffic is restricted in the tunnel connecting the Port of Funchal (ER 116), Largo António Nobre and Rua Carvalho Araújo, with the exception of access to residents, the hotel, Porto do Funchal and related vehicles to the event.
2.2. Public transport
· The west side routes run to Rotunda do Infante or Rua Dr. Brito Câmara, resuming the return trips on Avenida do Infante (Escola Cristóvão Colombo) or Rua Dr. Brito Câmara (La Vie stop). The Rodoeste routes may choose to use Via 25 de Abril to the Campo da Barca Terminal and vice versa;
· The routes in the north run towards Rua 5 de Outubro, making a u-turn at Ponte Nau Sem Rumo or Ponte do Bettencourt, and may terminate along Rua 31 de Janeiro, north of Ponte do Bettencourt;
· The routes in the east run on Rua do Visconde de Anadia, making a U-turn at Ponte do Mercado, towards Rua do Oudinot, Rua da Infância or Rua do Hospital Velho, where they start and end the journey. As for the SAM routes, you can also choose to use Via 25 de Abril up to the Edifício 2000 terminal. );
· Between 8:00 am and 2:30 pm, the circulation of public transport vehicles is authorized, on Rua D. Carlos I, west-east between Rua dos Prophets and Rua Artur Sousa Pinga; on Rua Artur Sousa Pinga in the north-south direction and on Avenida do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses, in the east-west direction, between Rua Artur Sousa Pinga and Praça da Autonomia.
From 12:00 to 21:00 the taxi rank on Rua José da Silva Saca is disabled and from 14:30 to 21:00 the existing taxi ranks on Avenida do Mar and Comunidades Madeirenses, Largo dos Varadouros and Avenida Sá Carneiro are disabled.
2.4. parking lots
· Between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm, parking is prohibited on Avenida do Mar and Comunidades Madeirenses and on Avenida Sá Carneiro;
· Between 11:45 am and 9:00 pm, parking is prohibited in the parking lot reserved for Horas do Funchal, south of the EEM and on Rua José da Silva Saca, including the docks for intercity routes and tourist buses;
· Between 2:30 pm and 9:00 pm, the CR7 car park, located on Avenida Sá Carneiro, is closed;
· At the public transport dock on Rua Cónego Jerónimo Dias Leite, only vehicles supporting the Operational Command Post (PCO) are allowed.
2.5. Alternatives to Road Traffic
Drivers can choose to drive on Avenida do Infante towards Rua Dr. Brito Câmara and Via 25 de Abril, Rua do Visconde de Anadia, Rua do Oudinot towards Campo da Barca, Avenida Zarco and Avenida Arriaga towards Avenida do Infante.
3. Other Matters
· Event support vehicles and passenger transport vehicles may circulate on days and times with restrictions on road traffic, provided that they are duly identified by the Regional Secretariat for Tourism and Culture and authorized by the Funchal City Council;
· Traffic coordination will be ensured by the Public Security Police, and road use will return to normal after the clean up operation has finished.
info at madeira-weekly.com