The Regional Directorate of Health (DRS) warns of airborne dust particles originating in North Africa, which may cause or exacerbate health issues.
In this sense, the DRS recommends some care, especially for people with chronic respiratory diseases:
- Keep the doors and windows of buildings closed;
- Avoid going out in the hottest hours;
- Avoid performing physical exercise in outdoor spaces;
- If you remain outside working, wear protective equipment (mask);
- Stay hydrated and drink water frequently;
- Comply with prescribed medication, including rapid relief if necessary;
- If worsening symptoms persist, seek advice at your Health Centre.
info at madeira-weekly.com