Tomorrow, Saturday the 9th of October the following vaccination centres in Funchal, Santa Cruz, and Câmara de Lobos, will be open for both Flu and Covid-19 vaccinations.
Influenza vaccines are already being administered to priority target groups, these are:
- Health Professionals
- Civil Protection Professionals
- Social Area Professionals
- Pregnant Women
- Users of Residential Structures for the Elderly (ERPI’s)
- Users of the Regional Integrated Care Network of RAM
- Users of Long-Term Inpatient Units
- Inpatient Unit Users
- informal Caregivers
- Home Help
- Nursery and Kindergarten Staff
The free vaccine is for people aged 60 years and over, or those who are chronically ill and immunocompromised (from 6 months of age).
It should be remembered that there is no need to book an appointment if you are attending one of these sessions. Those who do not wish, or cannot attend the Vaccination Centre ‘Open Days’ can still request their flu jab from their relevant health centre.
If you have any queries about the influenza vaccination, please contact the SRS VACCINAS 800 210 263 hotline.
info at madeira-weekly.com