The Regional Government has made an official announcement concerning the restrictions that will apply from tomorrow, the 13th of January until the 31st of January and are listed below.
– Until January 31st, during weekdays, travel on public roads is prohibited between 19:00 hours and 05:00 hours the following day.
– Short dog walks are permitted.
– Returning home within the scope of admitted travel; travel to the airport for passenger embarkation and disembarkation; travel by public transport, taxis and TVDE, within the scope of the exceptions allowed in this paragraph; bakery professionals, to perform night work; other grounds of force majeure, provided that it can be shown that they cannot be cancelled an is justified.
– Activities of a commercial, industrial and service nature will remain in operation within the health conditions already in force, except with regard to their opening hours, which , until the 31st of January, will be conditioned in the following terms: during the days of the week, closing at 18:00; on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, closing at 17:00.
– Exceptions include pharmacies, clinics, medical and veterinary offices; home oxygen and medical gas services; fuel filling stations (only for vehicle filling); bakery sector; port loading and unloading of goods and their distribution; the commercial establishments located inside the airports of Madeira and Porto Santo, within the passenger security control area.
– Restaurants / bars must close during the weekdays at 18:00, however, they can continue working from 18:00 – 22:00, exclusively for the preparation of meals for home delivery. On Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, they must close at 17:00. Only professionals associated with the delivery of meals at home can circulate after the curfew, until 22:00, with proper identification and accreditation.
– Restaurants / bars located inside the airports of Madeira and Porto Santo, in the reserved area after the passenger security control, and the restaurants of the tourist undertakings and local accommodation establishments, for the purpose of providing the meal service exclusively to their guests, can maintain their normal opening hours.
– All gambling establishments including casinos must close at 18:00 during the week and at 17:00 at weekends.
– Until the 31st of January, face-to-face classes for students in the 3rd Cycle and Secondary Education are suspended in all schools in the Region. For public or private Higher Education establishments, the Government recommends that, whenever possible they adopt the regime of teaching activities in a non-classroom manner, until the end of the month. All other levels of education, namely, Nurseries, Kindergartens, Pre-school, 1st and 2nd Cycles, Professional and Special Education, will maintain face-to-face classes.
– All out-of-school activities of a personal nature are suspended until the end of the month.
– All club sporting activities and sports infrastructures in all counties in the Region, with the exception of senior teams playing in national competitions will be suspended until the 31st of January.
– Reduce face-to-face work in Public Administration to the minimum level. Thus, public services will operate an ‘in person’ service from 09:30 and 15:30 hours, on a daily basis.
– Until the end of January, the Loja do Cidadão da Madeira (LCM) is open from Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 17:30 pm and on Saturdays from 08:30 am to 13:30 pm. The entry of users in the Loja do Cidadão da Madeira will be strictly controlled and entry may be refused to users and employees who do not comply with the rules currently in force of a health nature, regarding the use of a mask and access control.
In this resolution, the Regional Government recalls that “disobedience to the order or legitimate order issued by the health authority established under this resolution, causes the respective offenders to commit the crime of disobedience, provided for and punished under the terms of article 348. of the Penal Code, pursuant to the provisions of Article 16 of Decree-Law No. 82/2009, of April 2, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 135/2013, of October 4, and of Article 11 by virtue of paragraph 4 of Article 6 of Law No. 27/2006, of 3 July, amended and republished by Law No. 80/2015, of 3 August, which approves the Basic Law of Civil Protection.”
Was Christmas and New Year really worth it!
info at madeira-weekly.com