Taking into account the Contingency Plan during this first phase of hospital activity resumption, SESARAM has confirmed that as of yesterday, 18th of May, normal visiting hours have been resumed, from 12:00 to 15:00 and from 18:00 to 20:00.
In a note sent this afternoon to the press, SESARAM confirms that the following procedures are in force.
Hospital Dr. Nélio Mendonça:
Each patient must nominate a family member, who is authorised to visit during one of the visiting hour periods of the day.
Visitors can stay for a maximum of 45 minutes per day.
On days when the visit is not made, contact with the family member will be ensured, through the SESARAM Social Action Unit;
In situations of prolongation of hospitalisation for a period greater than 8 days, the patient may ask to change the nominated companion / family member;
– The restrictions presented in subparagraph a) do not apply to the users’ family members (spouses or similar situation, children and parents, grandparents and grandchildren) admitted to the Special Units – CVA, all intensive care units and, even, the Neutropenia Unit (8th floor), at the special times of each unit, according to the instructions of the medical team;
The stay of more than 1 visit per period in the ward should be avoided and the visit should be limited to a maximum of 45 minutes;
Hospitalized cancer patients – there are no restrictions for the patient’s spouses or similar situation, children and parents, grandparents and grandchildren;
More than one visit per period in the infirmary should be avoided;
On days when the visit is not carried out, contact with a reference family member will be ensured through the SESARAM Social Action Unit;
If the patient wishes to receive a visit from other family members and / or friends, he / she must express this willingness to the Social Action Unit to, in conjunction with the medical team, articulate this visit;
João de Almada Hospital / Marmeleiros Hospital / Regional Integrated Continuous Care Network
Each patient must indicate 1 reference family member, who is authorized to visit during one of the periods of the day, at the usual times;
No restrictions are applied to the relatives of patients admitted to the Palliative Unit of Hospital Dr. João de Almada (spouses or similar situation, children and parents, grandparents and grandchildren), at the usual time of the visit, according to the instructions of the medical team.
Duties of visitors:
Control of visits to the entrance will be maintained.
For the sake of protection and safety of patients, professionals and visitors, the following guidelines must be complied with:
– Respond to epidemiological inquiries applied by the Health Services; (It is important that you answer truthfully and without omitting facts);
– Always wear a mask;
– Hand hygiene when entering and leaving the Health Unit, as well as when entering and leaving the infirmary;
– Comply with the safety measures;
– Ensure the recommended distance;
– Privilege the use of stairs;
– Avoid transporting objects to the wards;
– Do not sit or put any objects on patients beds.
The presence of visitors or companions with flu-like symptoms is absolutely prohibited.
info at madeira-weekly.com