In a statement, SESARAM has confirmed that from the 14th of March all hospital visits have been suspended in order to protect patients and SESARAM EPE professionals, except for:-
– The monitoring of minors
– Pregnant women in labour and other authorised individuals
– Terminally ill patients
– Whenever authorised by the attending physician through the designated “reference visitor” (preferably a direct family member i.e.patients in special units such as stroke and intensive care units, according to the attending physician’s instructions in each specific case).
Health professionals will give daily updates on patients to ‘referred’ family members should the need arise.
SESARAM EPE has the Citizen Support Office in operation in each of the Hospital. All urgent matters that require a patient visit must be discussed with the relevant hospital Citizen Support Staff.
– Hospital Dr. Nélio Mendonça, ground floor of ed. Main, tel. 291 705 600
– Hospital Dr. João de Almada, entrance secretary, tel. 291 780 300
– Hospital Dos Marmeleiros, entrance secretary, tel. 291 705 730
SESARAM asks everyone, where possible, to communicate via email on email@example.com