The Captaincy of the Port of Funchal has issued a new sea warning, saying that waves could reach seven and a half metres on the north coast.
Please remember that the island is on a yellow alert for the south and north coastal regions and an orange alert for mountainous areas, with 130 km/h winds predicted. The warnings are due to remain in place until 09:00 Tuesday the 17th of December.
Further recommendations have been issued, and resident are asked to:-
- Adopt defensive driving habits, reduce speed and pay particular attention to the possible formation of puddles and larger areas of collected water.
- Ensure clearing of stormwater drainage systems and removal of inert and other objects that can create obstacles to the free flow of water.
- Close doors and windows and remove loose objects on balconies and window sills.
- Whenever possible, avoid travel unnecessary travel, especially to affected areas – highlands and mountain regions.
- Do not travel or walk in areas that could be adversely affected by the weather.
info at madeira-weekly.com